Tuesday, January 23, 2018

People ask me why I keep changing things in my house so often and so radically, and perhaps it all has to do with the emotions that are controlling me these days?



I need to be busy, be occupied in something I love.  Our nest is clean and organized, and I can only do so much outside for now... 


To reconnect with my inner peace, I decorate and redecorate.  My little gypsy room has been the scapegoat of all this craziness going on inside me… this is where I spend a lot of time playing with pretty things... and changing things around again again and again…




I had forgotten that when we went to Israel last summer I had brought home with me a lovely assortment of silk scarves that I'm using for different purposes around the house, because they are so big and lush and colorful and pretty!... now, they are embellishing this sofa!




This little corner here is my favorite... 


I love going through pages and pages of home and garden books sitting on the floor...


Plants make me so happy...  so I keep pilling them up!



Every time you see pictures of this couch and this room, I have changed everything about it.  But I think they all look beautiful.





Today, I brought a dead tree from the garden in here... it is to be my magical tree now, and I have embellished it with fairy lights and whatnots...  I will be showing it to you later so I won't bore you.  In the meantime, I will keep busy thinking of whatever else I can do here to keep my sad little heart happy, until the sun comes out again and much needed warmth fills the earth with mirth and joyfulness again...

See you soon my friend!








No comments:

Post a Comment