Sunday, February 4, 2018

Sunday morning... and after a coffee date at Starbucks early this morning with my lover, the ‘Fisherman’, I am here in my gypsy room immersed in some beautiful fabrics and embroidered Indian cloths that are just gorgeous… and all, sent to me by my friend Barbara Andino.  THANK YOU, my friend!  I love them, and I'm so thankful for thinking of me!





Some of these fabrics are so long, and beautiful that I’m sure they could be used as a sari… if only I could figure out how to wrap them around my body! 😉 

The sari is the symbolism of Indian femininity… it is said, it was born on the loon of a fanciful weaver.  He dreamt a ‘woman’, the drape of her tumbling hair, the colors of her many moods, the shimmer of her tears, the softness of her touch… all these he wove together.  He couldn’t stop.  He wove for many yards.  And when he was done, the story goes, he sat back and smile and smiled and smiled…  and that's how the sari was born...  

Imagine wearing these beautiful outfits and jewelry everyday…  isn't this type of clothing the loveliest of apparels ever!




For now, I’m using my fabrics here in my gypsy room...






...but as soon as spring arrives and our gypsy caravan is ready to be reopened again, this is where they will go… I can’t hardly wait to see what I’m going to do with these lovely fabrics in my gypsy caravan!

Spring is almost in the air… I can already sniff it, and my heart is starting to get afire with all these thoughts I have of spring and what I want to see and do in my garden!  Are you ready for spring?  Dreaming with flowers too?  Do share!



1 comment:

  1. Such lovely fabrics to cheer up our winter doldrums. I'm loving this selection on your couch, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete