Saturday, January 6, 2018

My new gypsy room

I haven’t seen the sun in days.  Another snowstorm is on its way as I write.  Inside my little heart-house, is the same.  Gloom hovers above my dark hours, but the story tells that the darkest hour is often just before the dawn, so we should always be people of hope and prayer, not gloom and defeatism. And so, it will be.

Dad left yesterday.  The Fisherman spared me from having to take him back home and accompanied  him, while I remained in the comfort and safety of our home.  I have a hard time flying in winter with all the commotions going on at airports, so I’m so thankful to him for doing that.  The house feels empty and sad, and there’s a little sad music playing inside my soul.  To calm down those voices, I got busy yesterday cleaning bathrooms and windows, vacuuming floors, washing bed sheets and so on… then, as it always happens to me when I engage in physical activity, I felt something growing inside me—the force of life, the desire to create to hide to become me… 

Until the gypsy girl came out—as wild and colorful and crazy as always… and with her, also came my newest room in the house.  My gypsy room!




























It is crazy in here, and flamboyant and fun, all the colors of the rainbow have gathered here in crazy, asymmetrical shades, nothing matches, everything is unequal and unrelated and matchy matchy styles has gone out the window.  The bohemian has gone overboard.  kings and queens, gypsies and old artists reside here too, and I love them all. 

The geranium plant is doing splendidly by this western window, when late in the afternoon the sun shines the strongest here.  I will be bringing in more plants here too, more books more gypsy skirts and shawls and one day I might even move here for good ;)   

4 comments:

  1. You hadn't done this before. You hadn't made your Gypsy Room before. How perfect... Because now, is when you need, to be doing it.

    Now is when your Spirit needs to come up again, into the Light. Now is when you need all the bright colors, and glitter, and mis-matching, and all. Now!!!

    How perfect!

    Gentle gypsy hugs,
    Ms. Luna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little trio of small framed art you have up on the corner wall. Do you know the name of the top one framed in gold with the woman praying?

    ReplyDelete