Thursday, January 24, 2019

I bought a new bed-cover for our upstairs bed last week... 


Which, it really is not a bed-cover at all, but a tablecloth made bed-cover by me; simply, because I like it a lot in my gypsy room, and because it looks really cute on the bed and I really love the colors and flowery design so much! So alas, a tablecloth bedspread it is!


A few days before this, I had rearranged and moved things around in the room.  The little orange dresser and bed were moved to the opposite wall, which in turn left this other wall looking too emptied and totally out of character compared to everything else around the room.


So I decided that the black and white mandala I had hidden somewhere in the house was the magic touch I was after... and thus, I covered that wall with it, which in turn it made me want to go back to using the black and white patterned bedspread previously used on the bed before the tablecloth-bedspread came by... I just thought it matched so much better. Buah! So complicated, right! ;)  Oh but it looks so pretty now!


It was an instant change!


I like the little orange dresser placed on this wall so much better now!


Hum, more fairy lights in this corner, please!


On Tuesday, I went on a treasure hunt and found some super lovely things for my super lovely favorite room—a tall flower vase that I really like, including the awesome large silk flowers that came with it, all in the most incredible colors one could ever find!  Colors, in the same exact shades of my gypsy room, maroons, oranges, and cream.


I love them so much! Particularly because of the stem that sticks out, in imitation of the painting behind it.


I also found this pretty tulle dress in the same maroon color... a dress I won't be using ever, by love to use as part of my decorations...


...I also found this cute orange lampshade that matches so well with everything else here; like if it was meant just for this room!  Just had to have it, you know!  Oh dear!


A few embellishments on lamp and vase in the form of beads, old jewelry, lace ribbons and a couple of silk flowerets to bequeath my own personal flair to it, and I just love how everything looks here!


The only problem now is, I’ve run out of space to decorate and I'm feeling somewhat trapped… which means I won’t be able to continue on collecting pretty things any more, due to the fact that I don’t have another room in the house where to put them.  I simply won't permit the crazy maximalist collector part of my soul to do as it pleases and fill the house with unnecessary things.  One room is enough, right?  Oh, I’m sure I’d be a hoarder if I don’t control myself.  And that’s such scary thought.

Oh yes I want to make more Frida canvases and art work for my walls, and I want more fairy lights here more pillows more flowers more books and such, but I just can’t.

On Wednesday I mustered enough courage to go out into the garden and had a lovely super-fast little stroll that gave me an idea of how things are doing there.  


Hard to believe that by this time last year, I had already started working outside, but I don’t feel as doing that yet this early in the year.  I worked so hard last year and because I left everything more or less looking perfectly well out there before winter came around, I don't have to work as hard this time, and thus I will wait for sunshine to melt every inch of snow before I get out there, or before I start to see the first tulip heads crowning the ground, enticing me to work outside.


Boho fashion, bohemian style, gypsy soul, old jewelry, living free, elements of bohemia, wanderer, love of fringe, bohemian dresses and skirts, free spirit, silk flowers, hair adornments, beads and lace ribbons, cats, the moon, boho chic, why do we love all these things?  I dunno!



2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, how about one corner of the outside yard to go crazy with some boho color. I'm debating on a huge glass installation in an otherwise very dead looking part of our garden...we will see! Fun to see your room and black and white is always a great backdrop for going crazy with colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete