Saturday, September 9, 2017

Gypsy in your soul

Are you a bohemian?  Do you like decorating in bohemian style?  Bohos are not restricted by other people’s opinions. There are no trends in boho decor — forget Shabby Chic, French provincial and all the design labels. Bohos are pickers and choosers who follow their own tastes. Boho is a state of mind rather than a look — have you got the boho in you?


This here is my boho room.  It is also my favorite room in my entire house.  What I like about it is the fact that I can decorate this little space just as I please, whenever I please, without having to fight the guilt of thinking that perhaps someone might not like it, or may find it too peculiar, or too busy, or simply too unusual or just not them.   

I change it often, and decorate it accordingly to my state of mind.  I had recently taken down all the art I had on these walls; which were actually almost all covered up in them.



I had a nice assortment of art in my gallery wall; not specifically matching in any sense.  Different styles, and frames, colors and so on, but I loved them all.  I love gallery walls, but I worried about all those holes and scratches I had put on those walls, and my spirit would not find its peace until I took them all down and filled all those holes one by one and painted the entire room.  But that's just me, because I am a little OCD.


Now I have a more serene look going on in there.  Basically the same boho style I had last year, but with a few new changes.  A new Mandala is embellishing my bed, this time in black and white, because, usually, my spirit craves the peacefulness of neutrals.  But I do have all those other colors too, just in case the crazy-gypsy in me comes out and request I change my room to teals and oranges and thus far. 



Bohemianism has always been associated with artists, musicians, writers and designers, and if you are here, or come here often, you probably have artistic leanings too. Why not start work on a bedroom mural or collage that tells the story of your life as it unfolds? 



Famous bohemians I admire:

Artist Frida Kahlo
Singer Stevie Nicks
Poet Leonard Cohen
Dancer Isadora Duncan

Are you a bohemian girl?  Who's your favorite bohemian?

Do share!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, I just love the boho look and my bedroom shows it. I adore Stevie Nicks also.

    ReplyDelete