Thursday, August 4, 2016

Dreaming in winter time...

We are in the midst of summer, days are hot, and trees bend softy beneath the weight of fruits, and maybe... maybe it is because I've been away from our little white cottage for an entire week and I'm missing it, or maybe it is because of all of the above put together why I woke up today thinking of winter.  And I'm already envisioning those colorful days of autumn in my woods, the softest of evening lights in the garden, the crimsoned shades on now green boughs, and the warmth of a home that's cozy with the aromas of pumpkin spices, apples, cinnamon and clove.


For whatever inexplicable reason I've always felt that winter calls for colorful bohemians rooms, shawls with long fringes and mad hair.


The mad hair part of my winter feelings is something I wear on an everyday basis, regardless the season, and so are the shawls.  That's just who I am.  But the bohemian style rooms is something I must work on, if I really want to achieve that look, or style.  I am dreaming with this...

And this...


And I'm definitely getting a mosquito net canopy, and more fairy lights to decorate my bohemian room... 


I am obsessed with this bedroom's decor on the following photograph...
The more I look at it, the more I want to be there...


So I am dreaming, and planning what I want to do...
If you dream, don't forget to plan...
That's how you make your dreams come true...


I have a particularly special room where I usually go to when I'm yearning for a change.  The guess room.  Because this bedroom is empty for most of the entire year, except on special occasions, it is my most personal space and favorite room, where I let my imagination loose, and my hair down sorts of speak.  This room has a wonderful window overlooking the garden throughout every season.  So when my bohemian soul is just dying to flaunt itself, this bedroom is a great place to start.  It is now styled in Shabby Chic, but not for long.  Comes winter, and my bohemian soul will take over...


I definitely want a bohemian room to spend my winter days in...
Goodbye again, Shabby Chic!

I am usually not restricted by other people’s opinions. So there are no trends in my style, or decor.  The bohemian style is very much dependent on the individual.  It is witty, whimsical and highly reflective of the mind and lifestyle of the person who embraces it.  And I love it.  So I'll say, bring in whatever makes your bohemian soul happy, and have fun.  That's my motto. In the same way that there will never be another you, one thing is for sure: You will never see another bedroom quite like yours.

What's your favorite style in your home decorating?

No comments:

Post a Comment